Explore the ocean floor
The National Centre for Scientific Culture dedicated to the Ocean, also called Océanopolis, is an invitation to explore the sea and its mysteries, near the Moulin Blanc marina.
With 10,000 animals, including 1,000 different species, the Grand Aquarium de Bretagne is a must-see during your stay at the Barracuda & SPA in Brest. The aquarium is located only 9 minutes from the hotel.
You will discover the different marine ecosystems, its wonders and the living species that make them up.
Each visitor is encouraged to better understand biodiversity in order to better preserve it through 3 pavilions:
- the Brittany pavilion with its fauna (including seals) and flora.
- the tropical pavilion with no less than 700 species of fish. Multicoloured fish, sharks and coral reefs await you for a trip to the tropics.
- the polar pavilion with its colony of penguins! You can also observe several species of polar seals and the royal penguin.
- and finally, the otter trail with its two species: the sea otter and the European otter.
Allow at least half a day to explore the various pavilions of the aquarium.
A magical visit to the heart of the oceans and its 77 aquariums and 9,000 m² of visiting space.
Address: Moulin Blanc marina, 29200 Brest
Opening hours: 9.30am to 7pm in high season, 10am to 5pm in low season
Online rates: €21.90 for adults, €16.50 for young people, €13.60 for children
Access: located just 4,500 metres from the hotel, Océanopolis is easy and quick to reach from the Barracuda & SPA.
- By bike: 15 minutes ride
- By car: less than 10 minutes
- By public transport: 23 minutes by bus with line 3, stop Gambetta Gare. Get off at the Océanopolis stop.