The 39-45 Remembrance Museum
The Musée des Mémoires 39-45
Just 500m from Pointe Saint-Mathieu, the Musée des Mémoires 39-45 invites you to immerse yourself in local history during the Second World War.
A museum in the heart of a German blockhouse
The experience begins as soon as you step inside this 500m2 German command blockhouse, which is almost entirely buried. You will discover five floors devoted to the history of the Second World War in Brittany and the memories of those who lived through it. The interior of the blockhouse has been restored to its original condition: officer's bedroom, bathroom, soldiers' quarters, etc.
Each of the rooms you pass through has its own theme:
- The daily life of soldiers on the Atlantic Wall
- The history of the war in Brittany
- Collaboration and resistance...
At the end of your visit, enjoy a superb panoramic view over the entrance to Brest harbour as far as Ouessant.
⏳ The Musée des Mémoires 39-45 is open:
- From 1 April to 11 November: daily from 10am to 6.30pm
- During the Christmas and February school holidays (zones B and C): every day from 10am to 6pm (except bank holidays).
- 8.50/adult (aged 17 and over)
- 5.50/child (aged 6 to 16)
Your residence by the sea in BrestIdeally located at the foot of the Marina du Château de Brest, our residence with its ultra-contemporary look offers 90 rooms bathed in light.
Equipped with king-size bedding and an exceptional shower with Phytomer products, they offer different views that invite you to daydream:
- View of the sea, the bay of Brest and Plougastel
- View of the sailboats and launches leading to the Breton islands
- View of the sea and the marina
- Wifi and television
- As a bonus, each one has a beautiful sea view!